To promote/facilitate national development by assisting in the formulation of policies aimed at fostering socio-economic growth and development.
The Economic Planning and Social Development Unit will provide better quality professional advice to decision-makers to facilitate national socio- economic development.
- To formulate goals, objectives and development strategies for the national economy.
- To coordinate the preparation of development plans, socio-economic strategy papers and reviews.
- To coordinate the incorporation of social policies into development planning.
- To assist in the coordination and implementation of technical cooperation programmes.
- To provide advice on issues relevant to socio-economic planning and development.
- To provide support services to the Cabinet Committee on the Economy (CCE) and the National Economic and Social Development Council (NESDC)
- Government Ministries and Departments
- Political Directorate
- Statutory Corporations
- Non-Governmental Organisations
- Private Sector
- East Caribbean Central Bank
- Caribbean Development Bank
- IMF and World Bank
- European Union
- Other International Funding Agencies